Sunday, August 2, 2015

Last Day at the Tennis Club

Yesterday it was the city of Dortmund where we went to the international food festival and walked around the downtown main area where all the locals were. Of course we were with a bunch of locals who are treating us like royalty. Then it was back to the courts for tennis followed by a barbecue topped off with home made desserts. We hung around laughing and talking till we couldn't stay up for another minute. The Internet in the house where we are staying is down so I have no idea what is being sent. I will post more photos from the hotel tomorrow night.

 

So we are getting ready for another day of tennis. They are really good players and have that competitive spirit. But nice at the same time. I am sure I will get killed! They are all shapes and sizes and ages and seem to be quite financially comfortable. The weather is lovely now after warming up. Lots of wasps and big flies that sting and bite. Not so good.

Tonight is our farewell dinner at the town's best restaurant. I am sure there will be lots of sadness and tears and speeches. I am sure I will get up and invite them all to Cascade Lakes after my first glass of wine.

No comments: