Monday, August 17, 2015

Athens/Piraeus

Great day at the beach today. It took an hour to get there but it was worth it. Warm water, comfy lounges and bar service. Then a lovely 9 pm dinner at the marina. I am getting spoiled. I am also seeing parts of the Athens area that I never knew existed. Now I know why people come to Greece in August. The water is warm and the beaches are lovely. Maybe some sightseeing tomorrow. A large group of rich Chinese are staying at this hotel and descend on the breakfast like locusts. They load their plates up like they have never seen food before and devouring everything in sight. Everyone just stares at them in shock and the staff have never seen such gluttony. Maybe tomorrow I can get a cup of coffee before they load up their thermoset from the pot. I am flabbergasted!

No comments: