Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Lake District

Today we took a coach tour through the Lake District. We started in Grange o Sand and took the lake steamer to Bowness. It is Beatrix Potter country. Very crowded with all sorts of annoying tourists from all over the world. Lots of Chinese and Japanese as well as the ever annoying burkas. It was me, Jerry and a bus load of ancient English ladies. Very civilized.

Two passengers went missing and we had to drive to the opposite side of the lake to retrieve them. Not too bright. Anyway, it was extremely crowded and cold and drizzly so I wasn't thrilled with the whole thing. But the scenery was beautiful. Unfortunately, I messed up the memory card so I won't be able to post the pictures from today till I get home. I have to retrieve those photos I inadvertently deleted. Guess I am tired.

No comments: