Saturday, August 22, 2015

Athens

Yesterday we met up with Eileen and Steve who are staying in a beautiful resort about an hour away. We spent the day on a beautiful beach followed by a lovely Greek dinner al fresco and watching the sunset.

We have one more day before we board the ship and we are ready. It's still hot. I fulfilled my quest for a second bathing suit which Jerry actually found for me for ten Euros. I don't know how I only took one bathing suit but half the trip was in cold weather so !i guess I thought one would be enough.

Today .will be another day at a glorious beach so I guess we all will handle it quite well. Last night we ate grilled octopus for the first time. It was delicious as has all the food been, no matter where we have eaten. But we are walking our asses off to counteract the effect of the food. Also sweating copious amounts from the excessive heat. I am visualizing the beach as I write this. I am now on the tram headIng towards that beach. It's ironic that we hardly go to the beach at home and that's a.ll we want to do here. Maybe it's because the beache Here are so different and we are swimming in the Aegean Sea just like Aristotle did at the dawn of civilization

Maybe I am walking on the same rocks Plato did.

 

No comments: