Saturday, May 10, 2014

South Atlantc Update

St Thomas was just fine. Weather great. Beaches great if a bit too crowded in the afternoon. Magen's Bay was beautiful as usual. We are very happy in our stateroom. The ship has a great and attentive staff. The passengers are big people. It's amazing we are still afloat. Such eating!  They load up on snacks right before each meal. The other night we did not even have dinner after watching them all feeding their faces.

Right now I am under an umbrella on the beach in St Maarten. Pretty sweet.

At Sea Five Hours From St. Maarten

We left St Maarten five hours ago and we have turned around and are heading back at full speed. One of the passengers is gravely ill and the captain has decided to bring him back for hospitalization in the last port.

They are dropping like flies. So far, I every port they have taken off sick passengers. The ambulances have been lined up to take them to local hospitals. Many of the passengers are very old and feeble, not to mention morbidly obese and physically challenged.

Anyway, after we meet the ambulance at the pier in five hours we will start the trip all over again.

Next morning, day six

It is raining but still warm. Seas are calm but there are barf bags posted on the stairwells throughout the ship. I don't know why. Maybe the captain knows something that I don't.

We are going on a tour of the bridge in about two hours. It's a special treat. I will take pictures if they let me.

The weather is still cloudy and the seas calm. We had a very interesting tour of the bridge and met the captain. I am in love!  Anyway, we are back on track as far as our schedule and nobody has had a medical emergency today so far.   And of course I now know how to drive and park this ship.

Last night the comedian was a Brit. He was hysterically funny. My entire body ached from laughing so hard. Jerry, on the other hand, did not understand a bloody word the man was saying. He kept asking me to translate. He is presently in a bridge game and I am left to my own devices.   It's a good day to lay around and read.

Day two at sea:  exercising and relaxing. Weather is perfect. Seas flat. Could not be better. Missing our canasta buddies. Will send photos when internet is faster

No comments: