Friday, May 30, 2014

At sea

At last a sea day!  We are exhausted and needed it. But all we did was run frantically from activity to activity. Now I really need a rest and the next few days are packed. They will have to carry me off this ship in a gurney.

I forgot about yesterday when they brought on a local dance troupe of children doing Catalan folk dances and a tasting of delicious locally made bread. It was a lovely cultural experience. Did you know that bagpipes originated in Spain?

We are getting ready for our highlight dinner in the fancy restaurant. The six of us are looking forward to this special evening followed by the headliner show of the cruise. I wonder if I will make it to the disco tonight. We were there last night with a bunch of drunken couples from Baton Rouge. Boy can they drink!  We can't even finish a glass of wine without getting sleepy and we order virgin piña coladas. We are a pathetic group!

I am starting to think that this all will be over soon. We are already talking about the next cruises to some strange and exotic places. The planning is half the fun. We need more sea days.

No comments: