Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mid Atlantic

We are sailing right in the middle of the Atlantic. The seas are calm. It is sunny and mild. Last night was the second of our three formal nights and we dressed up and had a lovely dinner while watching a gorgeous late sunset. We have changed our clocks twice so far. By the time we reach Southampton we will have changed the clock five times, thereby losing five hours.

Tonight we are invited to the Captain's Table to dine with the Staff Captain, second in command of the ship. I am looking forward to this. It is always a special meal with great wines. There is usually lively, interesting conversation as well.  I just hope Jerry behaves himself. That's always the unknown factor. Maybe I will get lucky and have him sit close enough to me so that I can kick him under the table if he says something which might hint at being socially inappropriate.

We did our two-miles around the deck walk both yesterday and today and we are not overeating so we are sticking to the program. So far, so good.

8:30 pm

Just had dinner with the staff captain. Great meal. Great wine. I am toasted!

No comments: