Sunday, May 10, 2009

Radiance of the Seas Day 14

Radiance of the Seas, Day 14

Greetings from the Pacific Ocean, somewhere off the coast of Baja California. The seas have a slight swell and the weather is cool and cloudy.

I am the big winner in Mah Jongg. I played my last game today for this cruise and I won again. Jerry says I am a ringer. I dragged him to another tango class today. I figure if we go enough times something will sink in eventually. They are having tango dancing tonight for all who want to try it and I know I will have to drag him there by his hair, but he is going.

We went to a meeting for continuing passengers earlier and according to what they say, the process should be easy. We still have to send home a bunch of stuff that we will not be using for the next segment. Like all the summer clothes and all the junk we have accumulated on this segment.

We went to a teriffic show last night called Tango Buenos Aires. I am so addicted to that dance. We were sitting next to two Argentinian doctors who said it was as good as anything they saw in Buenos Aires.

We pull into San Diego very early tomorrow morning and I would like to be up to see it. We will have to go through customs and immigration and I have no idea how long this process will take since we are coming from Latin America and we are, after all, the plague ship. I imagine they will greet us with rubber gloves and masks as they did at all the port stops. In any case, nobody appears to have anything serious, that is except for the two dead people.

We can’t wait to see San Diego and our relatives and friends and to visit the old house and maybe go to a baseball game in the new stadium.

We really miss Ethan so much. It is so hard being away from him for so long. I hope he remembers us. We will just have to spoil him all the more.

Well, we are entering the kelp beds so I have to go watch the ocean for some sea life. If I get lucky I might see something. We have seen many dolphins and giant turtles so far. We are now beginning to look for sea otters and maybe whales migrating to Alaska.

Goodbye from the Pacific for today.

No comments: