Sunday, May 10, 2009

Radiance of the Seas Day 13

Day 13 Aboard the Radiance of the Seas

We are somewhere off the coast of Mexico. The seas are a little choppy today but we can’t feel any rocking. We just see the whitecaps. I am the queen of mah jongg and Jerry is the king of bridge. We have been practicing our latin dancing every night. I can’t believe we have been at sea for so many days and we are not bored yet. The weather is still holding up quite nicely, although it is becoming a little windy. This afternoon I will attempt to slow it down and read in the solarium. I say that every day and something always pops up to change my plans. We have to begin sorting out the clothes to be shipped back and clothes for Alaska. It’s a big job and we took way too much crap with us. We always say we won’t but we do. I hope we learned something this time. We have to change cabins for the next part of the trip but they said they would help us.

The ship is lovely and the crew is top notch. Some of the passengers are idiots, as they always are. Take a shipload of people and half of them don’t have any brains at all. There are many foreign people onboard, many of who do not speak a word of English. But the worst are the Americans who are the most obnoxious and demanding and extremely stupid. We have our little group who we hang out with and we are a group of happy campers. We laugh a lot and are having a good time. Everyone is looking forward to two days in San Diego before the next leg of our excursion.

In the meantime, I am enjoying my daily glass of wine, my little activities and the feel and smell of the sea. I am not going to today’s wine tasting or I will turn into a wino for sure. Too much of a good thing sometimes is no good.

I am eagerly awaiting the next golf event so I can win some other useless piece of junk!

Wait! Something exciting just happened. I just spotted my first glimpse of land in days! I feel like Christopher Columbus! All the passengers have run to the starboard side of the ship to get their first glimpse. There is cheering. It’s Cabo San Lucas and I can clearly see Los Arcos and Lovers’ Beach. We probably couldn’t have tendered here anyway since the water is pretty rough, but it’s nice to see some land even though it is far away. And, in just a short period of time, it feels significantly colder. I couldn’t sit out by the pool and I am not even sure about the solarium anymore. On to San Diego!

No comments: