Thursday, May 23, 2013

Disaster strikes!

Jerry had his pocket picked in the main train station in Athens and since we arrived we have been busy calling all the credit card companies to cancel the cards he had with him.  We still have the passports and I have a few credit cards and he has two more so we are ok.  They were not used so we're good. At least nobody got hurt.  Now he has learned the lesson that he is just as vulnerable as everyone else even though he is a seasoned traveller.  A word to the wise.  It was a hard lesson for him but I think he got it.

I got an appointment with a female English-speaking dentist tomorrow morning so that is good news.

It  is very hot here in Athens and the hotel has a crummy air conditioning system but we will survive.  It has been a difficult day but we shall push on.  Our friends, Lorelle and Helene, are here and we will get together tomorrow after my session with the dentist.  They will be cruising with us as well. 

I think I will take cabs from now on.  No more crowded public transport for me!  As my grandson would say, I'm done!

No comments: