Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Leaving the islands

Leaving Hawaii




Last night was formal night and we all cleaned up very nicely. We are so elegant. The food was delicious, the show was wonderful and we went to a 70's party late at night. Most of the passengers were asleep for hours so only the younger people (in their 60's and 70's) were up late enough to attend this party. The band played 70's music and we danced while trying to remain upright because the ship was rockin' and rollin'.



Our cabin neighbors are Russian and they are loud and obnoxious. We had to talk to the people at guest relations to tell them to lower their television which was blasting loud before 7 am. Last night at 1:30 am our smoke alarm went off and we had to call someone to shut it off without creating a mass panic on the ship. So this morning when the Russians' television started blasting I was ready to kill someone. We called guest relations again and that worked. If they do it tomorrow they will be found floating in the Pacific if the sharks don't get them first. Thank goodness for my hula class which calms me down and makes me feel wonderful. The last class is tomorrow and I will be so very sad. I love the hula and now understand the culture behind it, thanks to our wonderful hula and Hawiian crafts teacher, June. I can now make Hawiian jewelry and dance the hula and actually know what I am doing. So much fun! I think I could take a cruise around the world and not be bored for one moment.

No comments: