Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dancing with the stripes


Dancing With the Stripes

Last night we went to the specialty restaurant to celebrate two anniversaries, ours and our friends. There were six of us and we had a very special meal with very special wines and a plethora of decadent desserts. We were all nauseous at the end of the meal because everything was so rich. It's noon right now and I haven't eaten a thing yet.

After dinner I decided to once again make a complete fool of myself and entered a dancing contest with one of the officers as my partner.n How do I get myself into these predicaments? We did six different dances in front of the whole ship. I must be truly insane! But it was fun and I got a tee shirt, luggage tag and a pen for my efforts. Hardly worth the embarrassment.

Tonight is the last formal night and I hope I can fit into my dress. Then we have to change cabins for the trip from San Diego to Vancouver. It's been great so far. We met some really nice people, renewed friendships with others that we met on former cruises, and so far have had great service from the crew. I just wish I had more time to rest. We dash from one activity to another. I will need a vacation after this cruise is over.

No comments: