Thursday, May 17, 2012

HOME

We are home now and I am already looking for the next thing to do.  Our trip was wonderful.  I learned to dance the real hula, make Hawaiian jewelry, meet new people, connect with old friends from previous cruises and best of all, saw my family in person.  There is nothing like hugging and kissing your daughter and sister.  It's the best.

I loved the sea days but had no real time to relax.  I thought I would read but there was no time for that either.  I loved revisiting Hawaii and found new things to love about it.  The highlight for me was the trip to Mt. Kiluea.  There is nothing like that jittery feeling of standing atop an active volcano or wandering through a lava tube. 

I was awed by the sheer power of the sea.  Being in a fairly large ship in 20 foot seas and 80 mile per hour winds made me appreciate the life of a sailor plus a bit of trepidation.  I must admit that when my water glass went flying across the room I got a little apprehensive, not to mention fearful when I saw the waves coming too close to my deck 8 cabin!  Mother nature is a powerful girl and I am just a little fish in her sea.

Hoping to be on the waters again soon, bye from sunny Florida.

No comments: