Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vina del Mar, Chile

On our last day here in Vina we awoke to cloudy, very cool weather. The fog is pretty thick and we can't see the ship in port, but it is there. We will board after 3 p.m. today.

We had an excellent meal last night in that little restaurant we remembered from last time. We had delicious filet mignon and baked salmon with accompanying veggies and some very good wine. I think I am becoming a wino! Now that I have learned how to select and taste wine I feel like an expert and I am so impressed with myself I can hardly stand it! We had some good laughs with Margaret and Carl and Dick and Shelley, who will be boarding the ship today as well.

Right now I am thinking about packing and it's a scary thought. We have to put the wine bottles we bought inside the big suitcases so they don't get broken. It should be interesting. I can't even figure out how I am going to close the suitcases. Guess I will have to sit on them, as usual. Well, I think it's time to get our act together for the next leg of the trip, which is a fifteen-day cruise from Valparaiso, Chile to San Diego, CA. I don't know what will happen in Mexico yet because there is an outbreak of swine flu. If it is that bad they won't let us get off the ship. Maybe they will send us to Hawaii instead, which wouldn't be so bad.

Bye from Chile. Until next time when we will try to post some more photos.

No comments: