Friday, April 17, 2009

Buenos Aires, Argentina

We made it after a flight delay of six hours. We took the TriRail down to MIA, which was one half hour late. Then upon arrival we found out that the flight was delayed six hours. At least they gave us dinner vouchers so we ate very, very slowly to pass some of the time. We wandered around the airport stores, sat down and fell asleep for a while. Fortunately, we did not miss the flight. The Airbus was filled with families returning from Miami. We hit the seats and fell asleep and didn´t wake up till 8 a.m. for breakfast. Everyone applauded for the landing. I thought we were at a soccer game. Best of all, the luggage was all there and the hotel room was ready. So, no resting for us. We dumped the suitcases in the room and ran out. It is a beautiful day here. The sun is shining, there is a lovely breeze and it is in the 70´s.

Buenos Aires is just as I remember it. We walked all over and never got lost. It´s as if we were here yesterday and it has been two years. The Opera House is still being fixed. The people are just as good looking and the food is just as good. We got the tickets for the bus rides that we will be taking from city to city in a few days (Jerry forgot the paperwork so we had to go back to the hotel and get them) and we really got a good, long walk in. Miles and miles.

I am so happy! Finally, after all these years, I got my dancing shoes. Now I have to figure out how to protect them from Jerry´s size 13´s. This is something I have always wanted and we got some free tango lessons in the shop. It was a trip!

It is now siesta time and we will rest for a while and go out on the town. Things don´t get started here until late in the evening so there is plenty of time to recover from the trip. I am so grubby I can´t stand myself. I just wanted to note that it is still very European here and the people are so good looking. I fell in love with at least ten men on the street already.

Well, my mouth is watering for a good Argentine steak and a glass of Malbec wine. I will try to post some photos tomorrow. I was too busy with my amazing shoe experience to take photos today. It really does feel like we came home and we both said we could live here very easily. Our brains automatically switched to Spanish and here we are, loving it. Till next time, bye from Buenos Aires.

No comments: