Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's Getting Closer

Exactly seven days to departure. We are doing weather updates. It's getting colder in South America and warmer in Alaska. So far, I have packed and upacked three times. Jerry has been packed for three weeks already and he can walk out the door tomorrow. As for me, it's not over yet.

I am excited about visiting some of the same places such as Buenos Aires, Santiago, Valparaiso and Vina del Mar, but more excited about the new places and the ride over the Andes. Hopefully, it won't be snowing because we will be in deep trouble if it is. They say that the roads over the mountain passes close when it snows and that is our way out of Argentina and into Chile. So we are begging the snow gods to hold off until we are on the Chile side.

I am looking forward to staying in the boutique hotel in the Recoleta that we have chosen. It's near the cemetery where Eva Peron is buried and right in the heart of one of the best neighborhoods in Buenos Aires. I also can't way to stay in my favorite hotel in Santiago. It's where we stayed last time and were treated like family. It is in the Providencia section of Santiago and a wonderful neighborhood as well. They only have eight rooms and it's like being in your mother's house. I love it! So, I shall just keep counting and checking weather reports.

No comments: