Thursday, May 8, 2008

More Las Vegas

We took a walk on the Strip this morning and it was quite nice. I guess the crazies are still sleeping. We went to the new hotel, Palazzo, for breakfast and window shopping. I would feel guilty even going into one of those stores. It's all Cartier, Michael Kors, Versachi, and those are the least expensive of the lot. But it's fun to window shop anyway and see what all the foreign visitors are buying. Besides which, they only go up to size 4, which would fit nicely on my pinky toe.

I sat down at a video poker machine and promptly lost $20, but it was so much fun. I'll be back for more later. We are walking over to Caesars Palace this afternoon to see their new Forum Shops which I can't buy anything in either. But at least it's a nice walk. There also is another shopping center down the road a bit if I can talk El Cheapo into visiting with me. At least there I can possibly afford to buy something. We will also return to the scene of the crime, Treasure Island, where we were married and I slouched down the aisle to Elvis singing The Hawiian Wedding Song.

This town is changing by the minute. Everytime I walk down the street they have finished another building. It's really fun even if you don't gamble. There really is a lot to do. We have previously done most of it so we will continue visiting the different hotels and every so often I will drop some more money into another video poker machine. Jerry is happy because it is keeping me out of the stores. This is surely better than freezing our fannies off in Alaska.

I guess it's time to visit the Glitz and Glitter Store so I can find some gaudy, glitzy, garrish article of clothing to remind me of this trip. If it doesn't sparkle I don't buy it.

Photos will follow as soon as I figure out how to get them on.

No comments: