Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cavbo San Lucas

Greetings from Cabo San Lucas. We had to tender the ship here and the water is extremely rough. The captain had to move the ship several times to even make an attempt. Finally, he put down a few life boats and we were brave enough to be one of the first ones off. The waves were really high and I literally took a flying leap into the lifeboat, so far that I almost flew clear out the other side. What a graceful clutz! Cabo is now very built up and is still nice, clean and with gorgeous beaches. The water was a little cold but still swimmable. The vendors came to us so we didn’t have to go anywhere to shop. Just sat there on my chaise lounge, under my umbrella, margarita in hand…lady, you want to buy silver (not real) bracelet, necklace, tee shirt, carvings, ceramics, beach wraps, kites, tattoos…all without moving a muscle. I was tough as nails and bought nothing.

There was a Carnival ship tendered next to ours, so the town was overflowing with drunken, tattooed passengers. There was a couple sitting near us who a fellow came up to and greeted warmly. Seems the men met in prison and recognized each other’s tattoos. Such is Carnival. Lots of serious deep water fishermen here who think they died and went to heaven. If you like fishing, this is the place. My husband wore a seasick patch on the tender so I guess he is not one of them. Speaking again of the tender, one of our female passengers had to be helped onboard because she was so drunk she couldn’t even stand by herself. There were no ambulances at the pier this time because they couldn’t get any of the sick people on the tenders. Best not to get sick at all. The super reds didn’t make it to dinner once again. I think he couldn’t find a clean shirt. But the artists made it. They went parasailing and lived to tell about it.

That’s all from Cabo. The Sea of Cortez is still beautiful here and Los Arcos and Lover’s Beach is still a gorgeous photo. Wonderful place for a get-away. And if you love to fish, this is the place for you.

Now it’s time to head for San Francisco and my family. Can’t wait. I miss them and I miss California. Oh wait…they just made an announcement that someone missed the boat and is coming in a small local boat to catch the ship. What a riot. He has to jump on to this moving behemoth from that little boat, or fly to SFO at his own expense. Guess he made it. They sort of pushed him from one boat to another. How embarrassing for him since they announced his name and cabin number. The fun goes on. Oh, how I am dreading the last few dinners with the weirdos. If it weren’t for Terry and Sandy I think I would have sacrificed myself to the sea gods by now.

The water and air are beginning to chill and so am I. Bye from beautiful Cabo San Lucas.

No comments: