Saturday, May 23, 2009

Vancouver

It is cold here today. We awoke early and took the bus over to Granville Island and looked around. It's an artsy place with a gourmet public market. We had coffee and bagels outside while listening to a live chamber orchestra. It's amazing that Jerry sat still long enough.

We then took the sightseeing bus to see where we wandered last night in our quest for a Chinese restaurant. It's amazing we weren't mugged at the very least. It made the Bowery look like Park Avenue! I can't believe we actually made it out alive.

Anyway, I think we found a Chinese restaurant in a good neighborhood at last. But just to be safe, we will check with the Chinese guy at the front desk. A Chinese lady on the ship had told me not to go to Chinatown. I should have listened to her. Oh well, there is always tonight. I am feeling very tired and the cold is getting to me, so we are taking it a little easy today. Wish us luck for a good Chinese dinner. I am dying for Chinese food!

No comments: