Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Venice

Here in Venice for the second day. I am writing fast due to expensive internet. Yesterday we went by vaporetto to the islands of Murano and Burano. Murano is where they make the fantastic glass. I wanted to buy a chandelier but Jerry almost killed me so I settled for a $6 bracelet instead to preserve the marriage. We did go to the factory to see how the glass was blown. Then another vaporetto to Burano, famous for lace making. It is one of the most picturesque places I have ever been too. Hardly any tourists and everyone so friendly. I fell in love with the place. Photos will follow. How can you not love it? Today we are in Venice itself, filled with Japanese and Chinese tourists. I am on a quest for another mask. Jerry is ready to kill me. I picked out one for $250 and he started choking so I didn't buy it. Meeting nice people from all over the world. More to come.

No comments: