Saturday, June 19, 2010

Last night we saw two very good shows, ate a delicious meal and attended a 70’s party. That was enough to end the day for me.
This morning we awoke to see the island of Sardinia off the starboard side and to taste chocolate pancakes with whipped cream. I think I am going to go into a food coma if I don’t get off this ship soon.
We took a private tour of the bridge with the captain, who explained everything about the running of the ship. I am now an expert on what they do with the water from the toilet on the Brilliance of the Seas!
Jerry is now up on Deck 13 taking a piano lesson. After that he is entered in a blackjack contest. That will give me a chance to go shopping although I really don’t think I will buy anything.
The wind is whipping up and the seas are getting a bit higher but it won’t effect us since the ship is so enormous. We shall continue along at 17 knots till we arrive in Barcelona tomorrow morning. We are renting a car and going into the Pyrenees mountains or up the coast. We are not sure yet. So this will be my last posting from the ship. I will post again from land and hopefully be able to put some more photos on so everyone can see some of the unique and beautiful places we have visited. So far, Dubrovnik is my favorite along with the little seaside town of Cavtat, also in Croatia. The Croatians definitely got the best of the deal after Yugoslavia broke up.
So it’s goodbye from the Brilliance of the Seas and hello again to Spain. It has been a wonderful cruise seeing interesting things and meeting very nice folks from all over the world. We made a good connection with our Aussie and Kiwi friends and plan to visit them when we go down under. They will visit us in Florida if there are any beaches left after the tragic oil disaster.
We will write tomorrow from somewhere in the heart of Spain.

No comments: