Thursday, June 2, 2011

On The Way to Crete

This is a sea day and we needed it after all the running around we have been doing for the last few days. It is also another formal night and we have a party with the officers tonight. Such social butterflies. I am exhausted from all this partying and running. I finally got the chance to sleep till 8:30 this morning without being awakened at the crack of dawn to be the first one to get off the ship. We had a leisurely breakfast and then I finally got to use my Kindle a little bit. It is too cold to sit outside on deck so I am in the nice, quiet, cozy library. Maybe I will take a nap later. Tough life. The port stop for tomorrow is Crete. They collected everyone's passports again for Crete. I don't know why. They didn't last time. Maybe it is some new regulation. We will probably just stay in the main town of Chania since we were in a different part of the island last time. It's my last chance to shop. Jerry made sure he got rid of every last one of his shekles in Israel by buying candy just before we got on the ship last night. Now he will be working on his Euros again and we have plenty of those for me to find some more shoes. I will probably have to send my suitcase home on a container ship since it will be too heavy to take on the airplane. In fact, we will probably have to put ourselves on a container ship since we have been eating too much. Right now, I feel like a stuffed pig! It will be strict diet time starting the minute we leave this ship. I couldn't even walk out on the deck this morning because if is far too windy and I hate the gym so I won't go there. Instead, I think I will go on the website and find a few more cruises to take. That ought to burn some calories. The nice thing about cruising, and especially this cruse and the prior one on the Equinox, is that we have met some lovely people from all over the world. I am now concentrating on the Pacific area. There are some cruises which circumnavigate Australia/New Zealand, stop at various Pacific island ports, continue to Hawaii and eventually end in San Diego. That sounds like a plan. Just dreaming....

No comments: