Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dusseldorf, Germany

We had a great flight this morning from Verona to Dusseldorf.  No wait, no long lines, a new plane with legroom and it was on time.  Hard to believe these days.  We arrived early enough to enjoy the whole day in the Old Town area by the Rhine river.  We took the local bus and tram down to the city center and landed right smack in the middle of a gay pride parade!  There was dancing, singing, marching and all the craziness associated with a gay pride parade.  It was lots of fun.  We couldn't have planned it if we had tried.  That's the fun of not knowing where you are going and what you are doing.

Following the festivities we took a cruise on the Rhine. I had four glasses of Rhine wine in 45 minutes and could barely stand up.  I got off the boat and went dancing with the gay guys.  We had a nice dinner in the Old Town which is a beautiful north German city with the typical architecture of the area. We found our way back (with me hardly being able to walk upright) to the hotel and here we are, getting ready to head back to the USA tomorrow morning.  I am sure I will have the biggest hangover in the world.  Jerry has been doing a really great job with his German speaking.  Everyone is impressed.

We checked our suitcases in all the way through to Miami. I hope I see it again.

No comments: