Sunday, May 22, 2011

Civitavecchia

We left our hotel in Santa Marinella this morning and moved to one in Civitavecchia to be closer to the port. After we dumped our luggage we headed for a day in Rome. It was hotter than hell and filled with millions of tourists who were pushing and shoving each other constantly.




We had our obligatory gelato and the Trevi Fountain, looked at the hole in the Pantheon and wandered around through the different piazzas and back alleys. I think I have had enough of Rome. It justs gets more and more crowded and crazy. The sites are magnificent but the tourists are impossible. I saw a really nice pair of shoes on the Via Veneto for only 600 Euro. Are they insane? Things are really expensive here.



We board the Mariner tomorrow for twelve days of cruising the eastern Med. Naples, Greek Islands Crete and Rhodes, Turkey and Israel. Should be nice. My Italian is getting good. Another five years and I will be fluent!

No comments: