Thursday, October 18, 2007

Torremolinos by Night

Well, here I am, sitting in the lobby of another hotel because our internet is still down, so I dragged the computer to the hotel down the street before I forget everything. We have been running around like two crazies trying to see and do everything. It's funny but I don't know which country I am in. They speak every language but Spanish. So many tourists, so many languages. There are lots of older people here. I don't consider myself old, so I think they are all ancients. Sometimes I think I am in one giant, multi-lingual rest home.

Today was gorgeous. The temperature was 82 degrees but it was still too cold to go into the Med and the pool is not heated. Again, we walked our feet off, up and down the hills, to and from the Mercadillo (flea market).

Thlee apartment is good; small but adequate. The shower is great. We have air conditioning but don't need it since it cools off and we open the slider and listen to the sound of the waves all night.

Everyone here smokes and drinks all day. Whenever I look into restaurants I see clouds of smoke floating above beer bottles. And they eat at crazy times. Breakfast is at the usual time, and very excellent. We don't eat lunch, but everyone else seems to eat a big meal at about 2:30, chewing through clouds of smoke. Then they snack at about 9 p.m. through more clouds of smoke and clinking beer bottles. Not my style but it seems to make them happy.

I will try to send some photos. Till next time.

No comments: