Monday, October 15, 2007

Greetings from Torremolinos, Spain

The weather is great. Just like La Jolla. We walked about six miles today. We decided not to associate with anyone from the tour group because they are a bunch of old farts who can't move themselves and ask endless stupid questions. If we ever get to that point we will kill each other!

Yesterday I had a lesson on how to use castanets. I nearly failed because my fingers are so uncoordinated. It was fun and I got a round of applause anyway.

The day before that we took a tour of Malaga and went to the bull ring and had a discussion with a cute young bullfighter. Grusome sport but cute matadores!

We also went to Granada on a tour of the Alhambra, which was beautiful and exhausting. You would not believe this, but right now I am in a lobby of another hotel listening to Bingo in Spanish, German and French! I think I am in the twilight zone.

We're having fun here. The food is great, the Spanish people are great-very friendly and love the fact that we speak to them in their own language.

As soon as our internet connection is up and running in our hotel I will send photos. Right now I am so tired I can hardly see straight so I am not really sure what I am saying. I think the old farts are getting to me. Till next time. Love to all from the frustrated flamenco dancer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you should be on Dancing with the Stars -- first the tango and now the flamenco!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for "taking us along" with you.