Saturday, June 2, 2018

Budapest is becoming very familiar. We have been schlepping around and are doing pretty well navigating the city. We took the HoHo yesterday but it was very hot so we switched to an air conditioned bus.

The architecture is fabulous. Everything from neo classic to baroque. I wonder how it survived the war. We are staying in the Jewish quarter and it is very vibrant and young. It seems to be the heart of thr bar and restaurant scene. We ate in a lovvely local restaurant with traditional food. It was delicious. We had a three course meal the highlight of which was somlo which is similar to tiramisu. So delicious.

We are boarding later and will see what the day brings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I still have your travel site in my favorites! Just want to tell you I am following your travels! Hope you both are well and your families too! My daughter graduated high school last weekend and she went to orientation yesterday at Central Michigan University. It is two hours from home, she moves to school on August 18. I am not ready for her to go but she is and I hope she experiences everything college has to ask her her. She is studying graphic design. I’m glad you’re traveling, travel safe and have fun! Love, Ruth