Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Ahoy From the Deepest Part of the Atlantic Ocean

Well, here we are, out in the middle of nowhere, having just crossed the Atlantic Trench, deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean. The seas are still calm and the weather is still warm. Guess we are really lucky since this is where hurricanes are born. But Captain says smooth sailing. I am very happy about that since I am sharing a cabin with the king of seasick! He is happy too, as you can imagine. There are six sea days and believe it or not, I have no time. We are running from activity to activity with no chance to rest. This morning we were up early, walking the deck for exercise because this afternoon there is a chocolate buffet at 3:00, which we just cannot miss.

Our table mates are very nice and that makes meals very pleasant and lively with some good conversation. We have been dancing, but immediately upon our return to Florida I am signing us up for dance lessons because hopeless needs help on the dance floor. My poor toes!

This trip just verifies that cruising is the best vacation there is. I think I want to take a cruise around the world and will try to plan one in the next couple of years. In the meantime, I will look into a spring cruise because I am just so addicted to it.

The passengers are a mixed lot from all over the world, mostly Brits who are coming to Florida for the next six months. That's why the driving is so bad during the season! Now I understand. It's interesting to speak with all the different nationalities. One gets a good perspective on how the rest of the world thinks. All I can say is that America is in deep doo doo because of Bush and his cronies. What a disaster. America is now the laughing stock of the rest of the world and it's all their fault, not to mention the financial problems created by them. We will be lucky if we can all survive this mess without going to the poor house. And yet, everyone still wants to come to America because they love the people, so they say. It certainly is a paradox. Well, I think I have now made my feelings on our current government perfectly clear. Looks like we are heading into a little squall so I will sign off now. Best wishes to everyone.

No comments: